IT OPTIMIZATION & PERFORMANCE
When IT underperforms, it hurts business performance and hinders innovation. A sluggish IT department limits a company’s ability to adapt to shifting market demands, increases the time it takes to release new products and services, and damages customer satisfaction. The pace of change is accelerating; companies need to organize their operations efficiently and ensure they get the most out of their IT investment.
Our IT Optimization & Performance Services help organizations strip out unnecessary operating costs while reducing capital spending and freeing IT staff to create value for the business. Our specialists can assist in answering the big questions about whether to renew, replace, consolidate, retire, enhance—or rebuild—applications in the portfolio.
We work with our clients to assess opportunities to improve IT performance, identifying the resources and capabilities necessary to ensure lasting results. Three key elements influence IT performance:
1. IT GOVERNANCE AND ALIGNMENT:
- Is IT focused on the right priorities?
- Does IT strategy align with business strategy and needs?
- How quickly does IT adapt to changes in business needs?
2. IT CAPABILITIES:
- Are IT solutions completed on time, within budget and with clear business results?
- Are IT solutions engineered to the appropriate level of complexity?
- Does IT meet expected service levels?
- Do IT efforts have an acceptable success rate?
3. IT ENVIRONMENT:
- Can IT department handle simple business requests quickly?
- Does the technology stack allow for IT flexibility and responsiveness?
- Is the cost of legacy systems in line with value added by the technology?
- More value from existing applications with reduced costs
- More manageable application portfolios
- Limited business disruption and decreased risk